Friday, September 21, 2012

On my work bench this week

On my work bench this week was a brooch.  It was my version of the Granada brooch pattern designed by Sabine Lippert.  I have made it with Tasmanian Stichtite in Serpentine olive toned beads. 

This is a beautiful pattern to make and Sabine’s new book Beaded Fantasies is an absolute treasure for any bead weaver.


And here is the end result.  I have made this for a friend who wants it as a gift for her mum.  I have made other ones with different beads and colours too.  I love this pattern.  I am having great fun playing with embellished right-angle weave lately.

(dated 29/08/2012 - transferred from previous Gayetha Designs blog)

1 comment:

  1. Truly beautiful, the vine and leaf pattern in the background is really nice as well.

    ReplyDelete